HEINEKEN USA Announces LEED Gold Certification in Newly Released 2011 Sustainability Report
WHITE PLAINS, NY, Oct. 16 /CSRwire/ - Today HEINEKEN USA released their 2011 Sustainability Report, outlining the leading upscale importer’s progress across its “Brewing a Better Future” agenda. Improvement was made in several vital areas of the business, including environmental impact, people and community, and its alcohol-specific focus to promote legal and responsible consumption.
In the report, HEINEKEN USA highlights a number of key wins in 2011 including:
- Renovated its corporate headquarters in White Plains, N.Y., to meet LEED Gold certification standards
- Introduced a high-mileage hybrid car into its corporate fleet in the U.S.
- Sponsored Taxi Magic, a digital platform to help consumers easily book and pay for a taxi ride home after an evening out, provided more than 900,000 taxi rides to consumers
- Collaborated with members of the Responsible Retailing Forum to publish practices to reduce alcohol sales to minors
“We maintain a long view and seriously consider how our business treats our communities and neighbors,” said Dolf van den Brink, HEINEKEN USA President & CEO. “We are excited about the 2011 sustainability successes, but look forward to building on the ‘Building a Better Future’ platform.”
The 2010 kick-off of the “Brewing a Better Future” agenda introduced a new era of focus around sustainability. The program design was built based on input from a broad set of stakeholders. The initiative has provided HEINEKEN with a clear road map and reflects our integrated and long-term ambition to become the “World’s Greenest International Brewer.”
Brewing a Better Future focuses within strategic imperatives:
- Continuously improve the environmental impact of HEINEKEN’s brands and business
- Empower the company’s people and the communities in which it operates
- Positively impact the role of beer in society
“At HEINEKEN USA, we lead 20 programs that by 2020 will bring our words ‘Brewing a Better Future’ to life in partnership with our key stakeholders,” said Stacey Tank, Senior Vice President & Chief Corporate Relations Officer, HEINEKEN USA. “These 20 programs demonstrate our values and commitment to people and society.”
Comments or questions on the report may be sent to Suzanne McGovern, Manager, Sustainable Development & Alcohol Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About HEINEKEN USA
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation’s leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world’s most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world’s most international beer brand; Heineken Light; Amstel Light, a leading imported light beer brand; Newcastle Brown Ale, the leading imported ale in the United States; and Buckler non-alcoholic brew. HEINEKEN USA is also the exclusive U.S. importer for the Dos Equis, Tecate, Tecate Light, Indio, Sol, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA–sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com. Please visit www.EnjoyHeinekenResponsibly.com.