Working Capital for Community Needs (WCCN) is a nonprofit with a $1.3 million budget that manages a $12 million social investment fund specializing in financing projects that empower women, provide access to financial services and alleviate poverty. WCCN has provided $80 million in financing to microfinance institutions, development organizations, and cooperatives in Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Peru. The organization is committed to growing its constituent base and improving its microfinance and agricultural financing. In addition, WCCN aims to serve new sectors where it can deepen its impact and pioneer new methods in poverty alleviation. WCCN is located in Madison, Wisconsin, consistently ranked among the top cities to live and work in the U.S. Website: www.wccn.org
The Executive Director has the overall strategic and operational responsibility for all WCCN programs and staff according to the strategic plan and initiatives set by the Board of Directors.
• Leadership and Vision
• General Management
• Board Stewardship and Personnel Management
The Executive Director reports to the president of the Board. The Executive Director’s success will be measured by his/her ability to fulfill WCCN’s social mission, achieve program goals and objectives, meet fundraising and fiscal goals and anticipate future needs of the organization.
Please compose a thoughtful cover letter that describes your commitment to the mission of Working Capital for Community Needs and how your experience satisfies the following:
• 7+ years professional experience, including investing in emerging markets.
• Experience in microfinance and/or SME (small or medium enterprises) as a funder or practitioner.
• Proven program development experience.
• Proven fundraising experience.
• Strong analytical, budgetary, and financial management skills.
• Fluency in English and Spanish required.
• Experience working internationally and/or across multiple cultures.
• Ability to analyze and assess the macroeconomic and political environment in Latin America.
• Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and partnership development skills.
• Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies and systems.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally representing WCCN (up to 15% of the time).
• Master’s degree in management or a related field.
Preferred Start Date: July 2013
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Sponsor International Candidates: No
AA/EOE. No phone calls. Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: WCCN ED, MNC-3073) by June 1, 2013.