- Green team meetings allow participants to meet, collaborate, and discuss topics unique to their position in the organization.
- Green team meetings leverage synergies that result from brainstorming sessions and sustainable business strategies implemented in other departments.
- Green team meetings foster socialization and greater team work.
- Green team meetings allow for grassroots sharing of ideas, as well as a means to disseminate essential information related to the corporate CSR vision.
- They provide "on the ground" alerts to hot topics and cultural trends within the organization.
- Green team meetings help foster a collaborative culture in the organization, helping it achieve its objectives collectively.
Today’s business organizations are presented with the unique opportunity to increase profitability through greater eco awareness and the pursuit of a more sustainable business. To gain and maintain a competitive advantage over the competition, business leaders are looking for ways to advance the CSR vision by aligning sustainable business strategies through shared values with employees – green teams. When employees' values resonate with those of the corporation, they are more productive and loyal, and they find their work meaningful. Green teams functioning within the organization have the capability to align the corporate sustainability within the organization.
Julie Urlaub is the founder and managing partner of Taiga Company, a sustainability social media consulting firm, where she aids clients to powerfully engage in sustainability-related issues and stakeholder communications in the social space. She can be contacted at www.taigacompany.com | @taigacompany | Facebook/TaigaCompany