Top 10 Green Building Products of 2010 announced
Award-winning independent news source Sustainable Industries today announced the release of its 2010 Top 10 Green Building Products guide, the annual publication profiling industry-leading green building products selected by a panel of expert judges and Sustainable Industries magazine’s editorial team.
This year’s Top 10 winners were selected from more than 100 entries based on their environmental performance, scalability/market impact, innovativeness, design aesthetic, value and compatibility with the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.
The winners were announced today in a Sustainable Industries Webinar featuring Associate Editor Charles Redell and members of the judges’ panel who addressed attendees' questions about the pros and cons of the latest green building innovations. The 2010 Top 10 Green Building Products winners are highlighted in the July issue of Sustainable Industries, as well as in a digital supplement with 3D images designed by Portland’s Fat Pencil Studio. The guide is available for free at www.sustainableindustries.com/resources.
“In the five years Sustainable Industries has produced this trusted and popular independent guide, the industry has seen unprecedented growth,” says Brian Back, Founding Editor & Publisher of Sustainable Industries. “A proliferation of green building certification programs and product eco-labels have brought more builders, designers and consumers into the fold. We’re confident the Top 10 Green Building Products guide provides a unique overview of some of the most innovative building materials representing the biggest trends on the market today.”
The 2010 Top 10 Green Building Product winners are:
- Aqus Greywater System, made by Sloan Valve Co.
- Acrovyn 4000, made by Construction Specialities Inc.
- Control4 Energy Management System, made by Control4 Energy
- Energy Efficiency Education Dashboard, made by QA Graphics
- Energy Recovery Ventilator, made by Building Performance Equipment
- Second Glass, made by Second Glass
- Solatube Daylighting Systems, made by Solatube International
- Strand Poplar Flooring, made by EcoTimber
- Ultimate Pervious Pavement, made by Evolution Paving Resources
- Warmboard, made by Warmboard Inc.